January 28, 2007

Midnight Links

There are two links on the Tribune-Review. Torres plans on being one of the best closers this season. Wilson slams Castillo again.

BTW Take:
I think Jack is trying to get a message to Jose that management is not thrilled with his work ethic and he needs to show up in shape and mentally ready.


The Post-Gazette Hot-Stove discusses the importance of Duffy in the lineup and how he is handling the pressure. Side notes cover:
  • Yankees at PNC in 2008?
  • Torres good will.
  • Freddy gets the biggest pop.
  • Snell is really glad LaRoche is a teammate.
  • Shane Youman
  • 12 man pitching staff again.
  • 2007 committed payroll numbers.
  • Winter Caravan Schedule.
  • 19 days to Pitchers and Catchers.
BTW Take:
In my 5 keys post, I pretty much say the same thing. Needless to say I agree with the perception Duffy, or the leadoff position, must be successful for the Pirates to be successful. More to come on this later today.


Pirates.com has an article recapping/covering the Players Q&A at PirateFest.


I would like to apologize for my lack of insight lately, I injured my hand and it is making it difficult to do more in depth posts, typing kills.

No comments: